Coaching and Workshops
At our 'Sewcial' sessions you can bring your own projects or start a new one with our expert assistance.
£22 per 2.5 hour session, (£25 with the use of one of our machines).
Tues-Sat 10.00-12.30 or 13.30-16.00 (subject to availability).
If you would like to learn any aspect of patchwork and quilting, bag making, general sewing or have a particular challenge you’d like to conquer, these sessions are for you. Tell us what you’d like to achieve and we will accommodate!
You’ll be sharing the space with up to 5 others, all doing a range of projects that you can gain inspiration from and share ideas with. Whatever the challenge, help will be on hand wherever needed!
For a more structured approach, intensive workshops on specific topics will be available… watch this space for current details...
Dressmaking explained Part 1 (5 x 2hr sessions) - Wednesday evenings 7-9pm
£175 course price (all materials included)
02/09/16/23/30 Mar 2022
Limited to 6 attendees - PERFECT FOR COMPLETE BEGINNERS
- How to get the best out of your machine and the best tools for the job
- Fabric handling, marking and cutting
- Practise a variety of seam, fastening and finishing techniques (resulting in a collection of samples you can refer to in the future)
- Construct a scaled down item of clothing in calico to reinforce your skills
Dressmaking explained Part 2 (5 x 2hr sessions) - Wed evenings 7-9pm
£175 course price (cost of pattern included but you will need to provide fabric to make your garment up in)
06/13/20/27 Apr, 4 May 2022
Limited to 6 attendees
- Introduction to commercial patterns and how best to use (or alter) them
- Choosing the right fabric for the project,
- Pattern preparation and layout
- Garment construction
- Finishing your garment including hand and machine hemming techniques
Celebrate an occasion at Patchwork Garden!
Evenings and Sundays (subject to date availability)
Price dependent on activity/refreshment chosen. Contact us for further details.
Perfect for birthdays or hen parties.
Choice of refreshment packages included.
- Reusables – make eco-friendly, reusable products to take home
- Work together to make bunting or other keepsakes that can be used at your wedding/big event
- Craft sampler session – try macrame, needle-felting, embroidery, punch needle … something for everyone!
Suitable for all skills levels. Perfect as a warm-up before a night out in Sheffield!
Our tutor Lauren has over 15 years experience in garment construction with a wealth of teaching experience in Clothes-Making & Garment Construction, Pattern Cutting, Fashion & Textiles at HND level. Studying Fashion and Textiles in Liverpool and then Milan, she has since taught a diverse range of students from adult learners, to disadvantaged teenagers in Ghana, to designing fashion projects working with male inmates in London prisons. Inspired by her African travels and young family, she is passionate about hand-dyed textiles and bold African prints, believing firmly in sustainability, fair trade ethics and handcrafted fashion built to stand the test of time.